Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Something Different in Soul Sucker Land!

A mermaid!


Meet Neith, Egyptian name meaning water. Neith is one a the few steampunk mermaids left in the kingdom of creativity. She hides in the underground water systems, sad that she can't visit the ocean. But she knows the Evil Soul Sucker sends out ships with huge nets trying to find her kind, he already captured her papa.

Neith is hand sculpted from epoxy over an armature. She measures 15" tall by 11" wide by 2" deep. Her arms are wire at the top so she is pose-able. She's bigger than most of my dolls so that she will make an impression on the wall. Her left eye is grey glass. Her right eye is a beautiful vintage watch piece. All over her tail I embedded found items that have to do with the sea. Her sleeves are hand dyed fabric made to look like seaweed, there are also a few pieces in her hair. I hand painted her in layers and sealed her with a matte finish.
Available in my etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/listing/92160220/steampunk-souls-mixed-media-ooak-art http://www.etsy.com/listing/92160220/steampunk-souls-mixed-media-ooak-art
Happy Friday everyone!! xo Michele

9 comments:

LuLu said...

Omgosh she is heaven of the sea! Amazing :D

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much Lulu!! xo Michele

Unknown said...

Michele - I LOVE this one! Fantastic!!! Embedding objects is so much fun and you do it with such finesse!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Aw, thank you so much my dear!!! xo

C. said...

Mermaid meets steampunk meets art.

Micki Wilde said...

woah!!!!!! Lady she is awesome!! the detail in that tail is spectacular!!
My hubby was just eyeballing her over my shoulder and he said "now that's cool" and got closer for a better view ;o)

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much Micki! and wow I know a compliment from a hubby is huge!! Tell him thank you also :o)) xo Michele

Georgina said...

Very cool, Michele...love her tail stuff!! LOL

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much Georgina!! xo Michele