Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

5 Degrees Of Inspiration!

Wooooo Hoooo it's time to party!!! I was so worried I wasn't going to make it this morning because we went out to party last night! Again with the wine! There's a theme here LOL...and it's not even something that inspires me LOL! At any rate, I drug myself out of bed, grabbed my party hat and sparkly party shoes from the floor and am ready to go again! The 5 things that inspire me are:

1. Vintage Rhinestones!

I know that comes as a complete surprise right??? LOL! This is a pic I took of part of my work table the other day. Just seeing all those pieces laying all over the place like that, I love it! I usually start by just playing around with pieces, laying this one on top of that one, etc...

2. Clock Pieces!

Again you are not even a tiny bit surprised are you??! LOL! This is a picture of a one of the boxes I have with a collection of mainly wrist watches. Something about the different metals with all their different vintage patinas that I just love! and the thought that at one time (no pun intended there!) someone bought this watch all shinny and new and how proud of it were they?? There is something to be said about a piece's past. Same for the vintage jewelry that I repurpose. I love breathing new life into a piece of history, a part of someone else's life.

3. Marie Antoinette!

Yeah yeah I know...no shocker here! Love her extravagance! Love all the piles of fuffy-ness! The girl knew how to party!!

4. Art Books!

I started to take a picture of one of my bookcases but that really could have been shocking lol. I love books! Art books that are filled with yummy eye candy can usually inspire me like nothing else!

5. Music!

While I'm working, I'm always blasting out music from the computer. I love the Pandora radio stations that you can make! I love all types of music from the old 80's hair bands to Green Day, My Chemical Romance, and Pink (okay maybe that surpised you? lol) . Music can totally change my mood and inspire me!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to party! I hope you had some fun and I really hope you drop back by to party again! Or even to just say hi! Thank you Inspiration Ave for hosting such a fabulous event! xo Michele

14 comments:

Tropic-to-totally-hot-topic said...

Hey!! I love Greenday too!! Nice blog by the way!! =) Please check out my blog www.Jenulia.blogspot.com!! Me and my best friends made a webshow!!

Catherine said...

Hi Michele! Glad you were able to make it to the party after having been out partying last night! What fun!!!

I love your work table. Mine's like that too! I love where you draw all your inspiration from! xx

artangel said...

Michele I especially love your clock faces, and I want all those art books too! I love old things too, it's wonderful to make something new from items with a hsitory!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Michele~
I am with you on the music...LOVE Greenday and Pink has always been one of my favorites!

I love seeing what inspires your work which you already know I am nuts about :)

LuLu~*xoxo

Luthien Thye said...

woohoo michele!!
really great to learn about where your inspirations come from! ooooo... your watch faces and art books!! *drooooool* i'm thinkin mayb i should stay next to your house so i can climb into your place at night and steal some of 'em books and faces!! you're makin me seriously jealous!! LOL!!! have a happy party weekend!! HUGS!!!!! and MUAX!!!

Micki Wilde said...

Ha ha I thought I was the one with the eclectic music tastes, but I seem to share them all with you lol

Yesterday it was Green Day all day today it has been Creature Feature and Frankenstein drag queens tomorrow who knows lol

Micki x

Anonymous said...

ha ha! great post! your inspirations are great - but i will admit to a chuckle when i panned down and came upon green day. awesome!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!! I've finally made my around the room and here you are... I've been overwhelmed with anticipation to see what you'd share today!!

Of course you guessed that I wasn't surprised by many of your selections but seeing the images was just fabulous!! I love your work table and how you 'play' to create!

I have to add a special thanks for including "Pandora" in your post, I hadn't discovered it before and now we have music for our party, WHOOT! ;-)
Hugs♥ Sharon

Inspiration Avenue said...

Just stopping by to leave a comment from all of us and to thank you for joining in the fun today!
♥Sharon & the Girls of Inspiration Avenue

Priti Lisa said...

I love wine too, but it doesn't do much to inspire, LoL. Your inspirations were not surprising, but wonderful to look at the heaps of treasures that you work with.
Thanks for sharing...Lisa

PS I will own one of your pieces,
it's on my wish list

Bunnym said...

I used to collect old rhinestones and such to make sparkly Christmas trees, but people here in cali are getting wise and holding on to them.
I enjoy greenday too as I have an almost 16 year old. Love, love your blog and I hope to visit you once in a while. This was fun ~

tootles,
bunny

ps. if i could add a T to the word verification it would spell tequila...what's a party w/o it...lol

Meri Greenleaf said...

That picture of your Vintage Rhinestones is really eye catching- no wonder that inspires you!

And yay for art books! :D

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

Hi, omg! another bling fanatic. All hail the bling! Are you waering a sparklie gown to the party? Or velvet with lots of jewelry?

I love Pandora. Now I can have a station that plays My music-all styles that I like on one channel.

Your jewelry is so whimsical and fun. I like it.

WrightStuff said...

So many fun things to look at which start 'ticking' away in the old subconscious! Lovely inspirations.