Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Inspired Remnants, Curious Dreams Book

I recently purchased this art book from Kerin Gale, I haven't been buying many art books. If you are like me you have shelves and shelves full of books! And I have to say that anymore I don't see anything that really sparks my interest or anything that I think I will learn anything new from. BUT when I saw this book Inspired Remnants, Curious Dreams mixed-media projects in epoxy clay I was excited! I use Aves Apoxie Sculpt in my mixed media but I had never found anyone else who used it! I will say I was still wondering if I should spend my hard earned money on the book, but the photo on the cover really really drew me in. I loved it! So I ordered the book through Kerin on etsy, and she is delightful! I received my copy quickly in the mail and she even signed it with my name :o) I anxiously sat down and started skimming through the book and I have to say I LOVE the book :o) It has tons of eye candy, lots of good projects that gets your inspiration going, gallery photos from artists I admire (I was thrilled to see Liz McGrath in there! LOVE her!), step by step photos are clear, Kerin is a natural teacher and a fabulous artist. If you've been looking for a new art book and if you've never tried epoxy clay this is the book for you!! You can order it on Amazon or directly through Kerin Gale on etsy HERE . Let me know if any of you order the book I would love to hear what you think!

Also I need to give a couple of shout outs to some wonderful people on etsy that have included my dolls in their treasuries!

The first goes to FuzzHeadStudios who included not one of my dolls but two! Thank you!!

'HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!' by FuzzHeadStudio

Love is in the air! Share some wacky delight with the one you love!!FABULOUS art dolls!


READY TO SHIP Rose ...
$90.00

Miss. Grim Reaper
$30.00

Arleen - Plush Mons...
$30.00

Steampunk Mechanica...
$1200.00

Steampunk Mixed Med...
$75.00

The elephant Salomo...
$950.00

Warm and Fuzzy Wolf...
$6.00

OOAK Collectible Em...
$25.00

Steampunk Mixed Med...
$75.00

Handmade grungy mon...
$28.00

Miss Sidney the mon...
$45.00

Drag Queen doll
$350.00

OOAK Horror Gothic ...
$70.00

Straight From Your ...
$20.00

Ghoul in a Cat Suit...
$60.00

Grumpy (soft blue)
$55.00
The second shout out goes to Dollen! Thank you!!

'Dollen: Stunning Handmade Creatures' by KalliopeAmorphous

"Once upon a timeThrough a door just down the hallIn a dark, forgotten cornerOf the playroom was a doll.She was only made of cloth,A rather simple work of art,But you could see where someoneHad embroidered her a heart."-Unknown


Steampunk Souls Pap...
$75.00

Forlorn Dolls - Wan...
$517.50

Porcelain doll from...
$480.00

Twin doll
$9500.00

Alice in Wonderland...
$225.00

The king. Bell doll...
$55.00

Ellen (Essie) Carpe...
$325.00

Serenity
$575.00

Afuowlakotalala - a...
$180.00

Gloria, a unique ar...
$700.00

OOAK doll bjd Hujoo...
$199.00

Apple Tree
$325.00

ZOEE BUG--- Contemp...
$160.00

Granuaile's Dan...
$400.00

Justine-Art Doll
$150.00

Art Doll Bust PINK ...
$50.00

4 comments:

Luthien Thye said...

my fren :) i've seen this book around but i cant find it in my local book stores. where did you buy it? can you gimme a link or something? also... i was going to ask you about epoxy clay... it is expensive? i cant find it here as well... hahaha... i was thinking if i'm desperate then i'm gonna ask you if you can get me some and send it over! i'll pay you back of course :)

Michele Lynch Art said...

LOL no worries! I would do that for you! I put the link in purple with the word HERE in the blog post. Also the apoxie clay you can get from Aves site at AvesStudio.com let me know if you have any trouble with Kerin's etsy link or the Aves website! xo Michele

Dawn in the Forest said...

This looks like a great book....I will have to try and find it:)

Michele Lynch Art said...

Dawn just click on the HERE link and it will take you to Kerin's etsy page where it's available! xo Michele