Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Meet Sister Agnes New work!

Meet Steampunk Soul Sister Agnes. She doesn't understand why the inky black stuff keeps spilling out of her mouth, then again, nothing has been the same since the Evil Soul Sucker came to Creativity.
Sister Agnes is 9 1/2" tall x 4" x 3" deep. She has vintage watch parts for her right eye, and another vintage piece under her left. There is also a vintage watch part on her chest, with a vintage rosary piece and watch gear. At her waist hangs vintage rosary beads and a beautiful vintage cross. She is hand sculpted over an armature (no molds ever) out of polymer clay. Her left arm is some kind of metal found object with a piece of a wooden ruler. I hand painted her in layers with oil paints.
Hope everyone is doing well. I know I promised to be a better blogger, but I've been super busy. STJ Soiree went very well for me, even though I couldn't be there in person. Five of my pieces will be in Art Doll Quarterly in the Winter issue, which hits the stands on November 1 :o) I've seen the sneak peek and it looks fabulous! The dolls are on a red background, now why didn't I ever think of that? I'm also working on some pieces for a gallery :o) So lots going on, I promise I haven't been slacking! The nun however is available in my etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/listing/82730823/steampunk-souls-mixed-media-art-doll
Back to work I go...more later on the magazine and gallery...xo Michele


12 comments:

So Dark So Cute said...

Hey Mich! She's really something! woweee! And the little story about her...just great! I bet she finds a new home very soon! xoxox Donna

So Dark So Cute said...

LOL! She IS allready SOLD! Congrats dear!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Donna :o) xo Michele

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new publishing of your work! You deserve it, I smile when I see your name come up on my blogroll!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Aw thank you! that is such a sweet thing to say!! xo Michele

So Dark So Cute said...

Hi Michelle! 2 of the SoDarkies are on Etsy,but not Sayomi, cause after i listed them i realized they don't fit in the mailbox and that means that the shippingcosts are 25 dollar! Yes, its crazy! The postoffice changed their rates this year. Now all packages (0-2KG) are the same prize. So if something is small,but it doesnt fit in an envelope its the same prize as a really big doll :-(
But if someone wants to buy Sayomi or another, thats ok,but its cheaper when they buy more,heehee!
Now i'm busy with making new SoDarkies, only with flatter heads and not airdry clay like the others,but polymer(don't break easy),so i can put them in an envelope for 8 dollar ;-) Thats a big difference huh?

Michele Lynch Art said...

Oh wow on your post office Donna! I used polymer for the nun too ;o) LOL on them buying more and it being cheaper! I hope someone snatches them up because they are really cool! xo Michele

Amber Leilani said...

she looks fabulous!!

Heather Henry said...

Wow, these are really cool. I love steampunk art. Just found your blog. :) Congrats on being published, very exciting.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you amber and Heather!xo Michele

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Michele. I know I say this almost every time...but this Nun is my absolute favorite-ever! She will be hard to top!
I have been a half-assed blogger lately...creating art is way more fun than marketing it or blogging about it...
WTG on the publication!!! That is so exciting and well deserved! I'll look for it, but they took our Border's away :(
♥♥♥

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Lisa :o))) Oh boy, they took my Borders away too :o( Thankfully we still have Barnes and Nobel. xo Michele