Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Love They Neighbor


I had started this painting some time ago, and then this weekend when I talked with my son's friends dad it inspired me to finish Love Thy Neighbor, even if that neighbor is another country! I know so many of us dream of a world full of peace and love. My youngest has always wanted to go into the military and as a mom I'm praying that by the time he reaches the age that the world is a different place. Hope you all enjoy the painting, let me know what you think! It's pretty big! 12 x 36" Would look awesome over a doorway! It will be on ebay tonight at 8 pm central time, with lots more picture ;o) xo Michele

8 comments:

mystele said...

love it!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you mystele! I'm hoping I did the skin good on the girl in the middle :o))) My little neice is lighter, but she's not here so I couldn't look at her skin tone! xo

Rags said...

the darkness contrasts well and helps to emphasise the message behind it. lovely work and a great message.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Rags!!! xo

luthien said...

oh i just love this and the message behind it :)) the contrast in the skin and hair color is lovely. on one hand the message is serious yet projected in the most whimsical and heartwarming way :) well done on this one :))

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much Luthien! That's exactly what I tried to do, deliver a serious message in a whimsical way! I have had the pleasure of meeting people from different countries because of a large corporation that is near and it always fascinates me to hear their take on events and usually we each give the other person a different perspective. Several of them have been from Israel and one has become a dear friend. It's one thing to see something on a news program and quite another to talk to a person who lives through it day in and day out. xo Michele

R C Colwell said...

Michele, "Love Thy Neighbor" speaks volumes. From Leviticus to Romans. Good job.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much! xo Michele