Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Acceptance


I've had quite a few discussions with friends lately about always seeking that acceptance that seems out of reach, and it seems what we are seeking acceptance on is different for us all, rather it's acceptance of your work, your parents love, your spouse's approval, whatever it is, only the fact that it seems elusive to us is the same. But then there comes a time where you have to look deep into your spirit and accept yourself...all the things you are seeking acceptance on, and accept your spirit yourself and let it free. That's the meaning of this painting for me, stop seeking and find it in yourself. I hope for all of you reading this that you find that acceptance within your own spirit. Celebrate who you are, not who others want you to be!

I used acrylic, oil paints, charcoal, assorted papers and her wings are gold leaf on this painting. The words on the painting say Finding, Seeking, Acceptance.

Have a great thursday! I know I'm posting this late lol, I'm still running behind! I hope to catch up soon and I still have that video to post! xo Michele

No comments: