Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Annabelle- My version of cute!




Meet Annabelle! Annabelle decided she wanted to be a snow angel, so she made herself some wings out of paper. What better paper to use for angel wings than the pages of Momma's bible?! She even used her special glitter on them! She was so proud of the way they turned out. Oh wait maybe she should be a Valentine Day fairy? No worries her special wings still worked as a fairy. Only now Annabelle is a little worried, Momma has just discovered the cut out pages of her "book". Do you think Momma will love the wings as much as Annabelle?

I had a ton of fun creating Annabelle! I didn't use any steampunk parts this time and did a little cuter version than I normally do just for fun! I created her wings out of a vintage bible page, resin, and German glass glitter and copper wire. Annabelle is hand sculpted out of paper clay over an armature. Her "dress" is scrapbook paper and I added vintage lace around the bottom and the sleeves. Her bow is also vintage lace. The block is a child's alphabet block I purchased a long time ago at an antique store.

I'm going to list Annabelle on Ebay and see how that goes ;o) Let me know what you all think of her :O)) xo Michele

16 comments:

Dawn in the Forest said...

Oh, I love her! She's still your style with some extra sweetness:) It's fun to go in a new direction sometimes....it keeps things interesting.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Dawn :o) Yup, it is, it keeps things fresh :o)) xo Michele

Barbara Lewis said...

Annabelle brought a big smile to my face ... so i guess she's doing her job! I envision the Michele Lynch interpretation of the Chinese terra cotta figures ... with your extended family all lined up in rows. Wouldn't that be funny ... and a little scary! LOL!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Barbara! OH wouldn't that be cool?!! LOL I think that would be awesome! I'll have to try and get a picture like that lol! xo Michele

Anonymous said...

I really like her! I have not been getting much traffic to Ebay listings but who knows - it is my first try any way.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you! Well I know what you mean on ebay, etsy seems to have come to a screeching halt too :oP

Anonymous said...

It seems to be OK if you bring your own traffic - but considering how much Ebay charges - it doesn't seem worth it unless they're going to help bring the traffic! I'm thinking of putting my extras up on Etsy just to have a constant store/gallery available.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Yeah it takes a while to build a following on ebay. Ebay has actually always been good to me. We'll see on the dolls ;o) Good luck with ebay or etsy which ever way you go :o))

Priti Lisa said...

I think she is my version of cute too! I think she still has a little naughtiness that is your trademark. It is so much fun to watch artists grow...Annabelle is you...right?
She is splendid!
xox

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

omg she is adorable.. love it

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much Lisa and Robin! Yup Lisa you are right, she still has that naughtiness LOL. What Annabelle did with her wings is definitely something like what I would have done as a kid lol! xo Michele

Irish3 said...

Wow i just found your blog and I'm so glad I did! Your dolls are fantastical!! What a creative spirit you have, and how cool that what you must see in your head, you can actually bring to life in the dolls. Beautiful work!!

Anonymous said...

Annebelle is beautiful! Love her face, longing for a hug!
How cute also that you made her into a snow angel!
Bless!
Hope you have an amazing day!
Loads of love!
Julie

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much Irish and Julie! Makes me so happy when people connect to my artwork :o)) xo Michele

Art by Darla Kay said...

I am just LOVING your dolls Michele! You are SO talented!!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much Darla! As are you! Love your paintings! xo Michele