Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Art Explosion

I've read quite a few blogs lately where the artist started the new year with a fresh coat of paint in their studio or they cleaned up their shelves or their worktable...I can only wish the cleaning fairies would visit my studio! This is the mess I'm dealing with! Total disaster lol, I have this tiny space to work on when I have that large table (the whole table is not in the shot but believe me the rest is covered too!) That clean round space you see to the right is so I have a place for my Diet Coke lol! How I dream about those pristine studios like this one:
Sigh. Look at that view. But then I think, does anyone really work in there?? I'd be afraid to mess it up lol. But I have got to, GOT to get in here and clean up some of this art explosion! Of course then I won't be able to find anything ;o) Did everyone clean up their studio after Christmas but me? Anyone else have a studio that looks like an art explosion??

Oh there's a sneak peek on the table at two of the things I've been working on. The Soul Sucker has been busy mounting some heads of poor little Steampunk Souls taxidermy style! More about that tomorrow! Have a great night everyone! xo Michele

12 comments:

Luthien Thye said...

hahaha!!! at least i'm not alone in mess! :) my space is a 4x4 dropdown doors to my LOTR art cabinet (which i constructed myself out of ikea shelves :) and trust me ... a 4x4 gets messed up in 2 hours! my mess just gets pushed into empty shopping bags (which i promise myself i'll sort and clean ... one day) and the shopping bags are piling up. so tho my area doesn't look really messy, the mess are really in the shopping bags!

i've been visualizing a studio like the one you posted ... sigh ... mayb it'll materialize some day ... and i WOULD work in it!!! gosh!! of course i would!! mess or not!

Micki Wilde said...

Mine is currently an art explosion ;)

I do like a good tidy up in there though but it sure as hell is not like anything you'll find in a glossy magazine when done ;)

Micki x

P.s. congrats on your success in the post below x

Michele Lynch Art said...

OH shopping bags!!!! NOW there's an idea LOL!! I could hang them from the walls LOL!! You should post a pic of your dropdown art area Luthien! I'm sure people would love to see where you are creative! I'm gonna clean this mess...tomorrow possbily LOL when I do I'll post another pic ;o) Wouldn't it be nice to have that studio Luthien and Micki? I love the big windows and the door and the view. I think that's what inspires me most about that studio :o) Thank you Micki on the EBSQ bloger and art of the day :o) xo Michele

Dawn in the Forest said...

No real artist ever has a studio that looks like a magazine, right???? My studio is soooo crazy right now....there's no way I could possibly post a picture of it. Maybe you will inspire me to tackle my mess:)

Michele Lynch Art said...

LOL Dawn I agree!! I heard the saying once that if a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind then what does that say about an empty desk? LOL. I'm sticking with that version of the story lol. Aw, maybe if we do it together??? Maybe tomorrow, Friday? and then we can post a clean picture? Or at least a little more organized picture? ;o) xo

Ginny Baker said...

I love the pics of the studios on that magazine too. But I find it really hard to believe that any actual creating goes on in those studios. LOL Those are showplaces. Every working studio I've ever seen has been a total mess. I just try for organized chaos. (yup there's an oxymoron for you LOL) But yeah I would love windows like that to look out of too. Would definitely be inspiriing! Especially if they looked out over an ocean view. ;o) xo

Michele Lynch Art said...

Oh yeah on the ocean!!! LOL on organized chaos!! I would settle for that! xo

Pease Porridge said...

OMG your dolls are sooo cool!! I love all them and the eyes are mesmerizing. I have not seen these before! Love them. Also so funny about the diet coke! Ha ha It took me a few minutes to find the clean circle where it sits. Too Funny!
Jennifer

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Jennifer :o)) LOL glad you found the coke spot, I almost marked it in photoshop LOL!! xo Michele

Anonymous said...

Yeah my art supplies are halfway between my studio and this huge table I have out by the couch. I sometimes like to paint and spend time with hubby watching a movie or something so it is hard to keep it all in one spot.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Oh gosh if I brought my art supplies downstairs we would really be in trouble! Hubby sometimes comes upstairs and plays bejeweled while I work in the studio :o) xo Michele

Ms Nikita Agarwal said...

I really appreciate the way you write...Please check my work as well
Jaipur call girl
Jaipur call girl
Jaipur call girl
Delhi call girl
Guwahati call girl
Guwahati call girl
Guwahati call girl
Guwahati call girl
Aerocity call girl
Lucknow call girl