Welcome To My Blog! I'm So Excited You're Here!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Post of 2011 and the Last Doll Of 2010


I wanted to get The Queen of Broken Hearts posted yesterday, but with all the other excitement she had to wait. She's not someone you want to keep waiting either! She is the last doll I did in 2010 :o)

The Queen of Broken Hearts is as feared as the Soul Sucker to the Steampunk Souls. She attends the court at the Castle of Corporation and legend has it that as a young girl her heart was broken so badly that she vowed it would never happen again (you don't even want to know what she did with the beau that broke her heart!) so she sealed her broken Steampunk heart inside the white gold case embedded in her chest, never to be opened again. Without love she has become so cruel that even the Shoulds and Regrets shudder when they see her slithering down the hall in the castle. She delights in collecting the broken hearts of the Steampunk Souls and placing them around her necklace, like trophies.

She is 6" tall. I made her little crown out of a vintage brooch, her one eye is a vintage typewriter Key Q, I added vintage watch parts to all the hand sculpted little hearts. Her collar/neck is made out of some kind of air filter?? Maybe from a car? Another found item ;o) She's available in my etsy shop :o)

Have a great night everyone, I'm off to eat and watch more movies, I figure why should the trend stop at this point?? xo Michele

19 comments:

FrumsGlass said...

She's great Michele. Queen Soul Sucker. LOL.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thanks Sue!! Yeah she's quite the cranky woman!! xo Michele

Dawn in the Forest said...

She's awesome:) My favorite part is the "Q" eye....how clever are you.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Aw, thanks Dawn :o)) xo Michele

Luthien Thye said...

these are real works of art ... love the concept, the heart and all the details that went into creating these fabulous art dolls!!

Sweetie Queen Elbi said...

How can you have so much creativity in that body of yours???? These art dolls are fascinating.

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Luthien!! Each one of them is a labor of love! xo Michele

Michele Lynch Art said...

LOL Thank you Sweetie! They are always in my head screaming at me to get them made lol! xo Michele

Tristan Robin said...

oh my - just beautiful.

when I'm rich and famous, I'm going to totally populate my studio with soul suckers!

http://tristanrobinblakeman.com/HappyNewYearFave.gif

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Tristan! I know the Steampunk Souls would LOVE living in your studio with all your fabulous glittery creations :o) xo Michele

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

I absolutely love her! I'm sure the Soul Sucker himself shudders when he sees her. A great addition to the Evil Corporation Court.

PeachyCheek said...

Really funky and cool!! Just love your dolls!!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you so much Kelly! She sold out of my etsy shop right away last night, so it's so nice to know that others like them as much as we do :o)) xo Michele

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Peachy!

Cris said...

Oh Wow! She is something else! Wonderful work!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Chris! xo Michele

Unknown said...

Wow, Michele, your little Queen is so adorable! You can tell you create each piece with so much care and love. It is evident you love what you do. I am so glad you popped over to my blog and I think it would be wonderful for you to participate in OWOH.
hugs,
Tammy

Michele Lynch Art said...

Thank you Tammy :o)) I have missed you all at IA! OWOH will probably be on my agenda ;o) xo Michele

Ms Nikita Agarwal said...

I really appreciate the way you write...Please check my work as well
Jaipur call girl
Jaipur call girl
Jaipur call girl
Delhi call girl
Guwahati call girl
Guwahati call girl
Guwahati call girl
Guwahati call girl
Aerocity call girl
Lucknow call girl